Tuesday 13 March 2012

Getting ready for IVA

I received a call from the Norwich test centre last friday and have booked the car in to be tested on April the 5th.

I'd heard mixed reports on using U trim and a nut cover on the rear seat belt brackets and that these should be covered with a proper seat belt buckle cover instead for IVA. This is a job I'd been putting off as I'd used Unibond Extreme Repair glue and was worried that any attempts to remove the U trim would end up with the trim breaking off in bits and leaving the belt bracket looking like a mess. Anyway, I can confirm that this glue isn't really up to much as the trim and nut covers came off really easily.
Stealing someone else's method from the LCB forum, I bought some Pajero bracket covers and attached these using cable ties.


I'm not 100% sure whether or not I needed a fuel cap tether since the key cannot be removed from the filler cap when the cap is removed. However, since this is an easy job to fit the tether, I put one on tonight using some soft strand wire and crimps normally used for making pike fishing traces. I made it short enough so that the wire doesn't get caught up when locking the filler cap back on.


I've bought a new fuel pressure regulator from Burton Power. The reason behind this is that the pressure setting on my current type of regulator can sometimes drift after a period of time and I figure its best to avoid the problem before it occurs. I just need to make up a new bracket to support the new Webcon reg before connecting it up to the hoses and locking off the pressure setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment